Looking for Best Foam Mattresses For Back Pain…
The Puffy mattress is one of three all-foam beds used by the Puffy company. It rates medium, or 5 out of 10, on the firmness scale, making it a good option for lighter sleepers. The Puffy is their most affordable model, sold at price-points that are about half of the cost of the Puffy Lux, and less than half of the Puffy Royal.
All of the Puffy mattresses are manufactured in the US and come with a lifetime service warranty. The major distinguishing feature amongst them is the distinction in mattress height, which is because of differences in comfort foam layers. The Puffy steps 10 inches thick, whereas the Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal determine 12 and 14 inches respectively.
As an all-foam mattress, the Puffy offers sleepers with a soft, cushiony feel. Sleepers who delight in deeply contouring memory foam will like this mattress. The Puffy gives sleepers the experience of being hugged by their mattress since of its memory foam convenience layer. Individuals will feel like they are sleeping “in” the Puffy, instead of resting on top of it.
The top convenience layer of the Puffy is gel-infused Cooling Cloud memory foam. The gel infusion is meant to help lower the quantity of heat caught by the mattress.
Listed below the memory foam layer of the Puffy lies 2 inches of Cloud Environment transitional polyfoam. Shift layers are firmer than convenience layers, yet softer than assistance layers. They provide both assistance and cushion. Likewise, shift layers enable sleepers to seem like they’re being “hugged” by the mattress without sinking into it too deeply.
Shift layers also assist promote spine positioning for side sleepers and minimize pressure points that can develop in side sleepers’ hips and shoulders. Sleepers’ hips and shoulders sink in much deeper to the mattress, while the transition layer supports the stomach, so the spinal column stays straight. Due to the fact that of this dynamic, the Puffy mattress rates highly with side sleepers.
The mattress also has a 6-inch base layer composed of Firm Core Assistance high-density polyfoam, which sits directly below the transitional layer in the Puffy mattress. The polyfoam base supplies support to sleepers in all sleep positions. The mattress rates 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is considered a medium firmness.
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds feel most supported by the Puffy’s medium firmness. Those who weigh between 130 and 230 pounds, especially those who choose to sleep on their sides, also enjoy the Puffy. The medium firmness isn’t sufficiently encouraging for many sleepers over 230 pounds.
The Puffy Mattress struck the market in 2017 after years of research and development, foam formulations, and sleep trials. The Puffy brand exists to produce a “perfect” sleep system that is particularly targeted at individuals who have back pain.
All Puffy products are made in the USA and the foam utilized in each mattress is CertiPUR-US ® Licensed. Puffy likewise offers a high-end mattress called the Puffy Lux..
On the social excellent front, Puffy partners with numerous nonprofits throughout the country to donate bed mattress to kids in need.
- While heavier sleepers might also take pleasure in the Puffy, it is a perfect fit for those listed below 130 pounds. The Puffy, with its medium firmness and extra-soft sleep surface, uses lightweight sleepers both pressure relief and assistance.
- Side sleepers below 230 pounds. Individuals who sleep on their side can in some cases develop pressure points at their hip and shoulder. The Puffy remedies this with extremely contouring memory foam, which compresses at possible pressure points while curving to support the waist.
- Consumers interested in exceptional pressure relief. Our pressure mapping tests showed that the Puffy deals exceptional pressure relief for all sleeper types, even when compared to other memory foam models. However, average-weight and heavier sleepers might discover it to be too soft.
Not Recommended for…
- Sleepers over 230 pounds. As a medium mattress with a soft sleep surface area, the Puffy is unlikely to use much heavier sleepers the assistance they need. At 10 inches tall, its convenience layers might likewise be too shallow for some heavy sleepers.
- Stomach sleepers. While the Puffy may be interesting some people who sleep on their stomach, others will find that their hips tend to sink out of positioning with their spinal column. Over time, this can cause tightness and back pain.
Mattress Prices and Sizing
The Puffy is more budget friendly than similar all-foam bed mattress of its quality. All of the initial Puffy mattresses are the very same firmness level, which is medium, or 5 out of 10.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||10″||41 lbs.||$795|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||10″||45 lbs.||$825|
|Full||54″ x 75″||10″||58 lbs.||$995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||10″||69 lbs.||$1150|
|King||76″ x 80″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
|California King||72″ x 84″||10″||87 lbs.||$1350|
Is the Puffy Mattress Right for You? Best Foam Mattresses For Back Pain
The Puffy is an all-foam mattress in a box with a medium firmness that is great for a large range of sleepers. I was also impressed with the infusion of a cooling gel to help resist memory foam heat trap. I also think the Puffy does a great job of lowering aches and pains that some people experience when sleeping on a mattress that isn’t the best firmness for their sleep design. Best Foam Mattresses For Back Pain